The Melania Makeover is the latest trend that has some women flocking to their plastic surgeons. One Texas woman, Claudia Sierra, recently underwent nine plastic surgery procedures plus hair extensions, blue eye contact lenses and a spray tan to look like the FLOTUS, and she is delighted with the result.
“When you look at Ms. Sierra’s motives for having the surgery, she’s very much like many of our patients,” explains Dr. Nodwell, board-certified plastic surgeon and co-founder of The Ottawa Clinic. “She’s a 40-something mother-of-two who wants to look as great as she feels. The cosmetic procedures she has undergone are among the most common.”
Getting the Melania look involves these plastic surgery procedures:
- Mommy Makeover: Motherhood can cause changes to a woman’s body, often unwanted changes. The Mommy Makeover combines different procedures to address several areas at once and is customized to meet the specific needs of each woman. The Melania look could include:
- Breast Augmentation: One of the most popular cosmetic surgery procedures in the world, it brings volume and improves the contours and proportions of the body. There is a range of breast implant options and a variety of advanced techniques to suit most needs. The surgery usually takes less than two-hours, patients go home the same day and typically resume normal routines within a week.
- Tummy Tuck: Used to achieve a firmer, more toned look in the stomach region, the tummy tuck removes excess skin, tightens abdominal muscles and drapes skin for a contoured waistline. Patients can usually resume normal routines in two weeks.
- Liposuction: This procedure eliminates stubborn fat in the thighs, bum, hips, waist and lower abdomen. It removes fat cells to provide a slimmer, more-toned appearance. Some mild bruising is normal and most patients can resume normal activities within a week.
- Brazilian Butt Lift: Usually done in tandem with liposuction, this procedure transfers extracted fat cells to the upper part of the buttocks to provide a defined, curvy look. Patients usually experience some mild swelling, but this fades within a month.
- Rhinoplasty: Reshaping the structure of the nose to create the desired appearance is a common procedure and one that both Melania and Claudia have undergone. The procedure can be done through the nostrils or by making a small incision in the space between the nostrils. There can be some swelling or bruising around the nose and eyes, but this fades within a few days. Most patients resume normal activities within two weeks.
- Eyelid Lift: In this procedure, the plastic surgeon removes excess skin and fat in either the upper or lower lids, sometimes both. It diminishes dark circles and hooded, droopy lids to create a more alert appearance. It can be performed under local anaesthesia as an in-office procedure or under general sedation at the hospital. Normal routines can be resumes after two or three days.
- Fillers & BOTOX® COSMETIC: BOTOX® injections minimize the appearance of facial lines and wrinkles caused by aging. It’s great for crows’ feet, frown lines and forehead creases. The formula is injected into targeted muscles to give a relaxed, fresh and smooth look. The benefits are seen in a couple of days, and most patients resume normal activity immediately. Dermal fillers are ideal for treating mild to moderate signs of aging. They add volume to target areas to treat fine lines and wrinkles. Fillers are injected and can be used to treat lips, cheeks, jowls and eyes. There is no downtime.
Of course, not every woman is a viable candidate for the Melania Makeover. Those who have health problems such as heart disease, poorly-controlled diabetes and untreated depression would be advised against having cosmetic surgery. However, for those who are in good health and have an active lifestyle, plastic surgery is a good option in getting their desired look.
“The Melania Makeover is super-hyped in the media, but it’s really just a collection of very popular procedures that our patients undergo every day,” explains Dr. Nodwell. “Most aren’t interested in becoming a celebrity lookalike; instead, they find changing their physical appearance is personally empowering.”
To find out if you’re a suitable candidate for a makeover, book a consultation now.